Friday, May 24, 2013

A Little Drinky-drink

So, it's Friday, and I'm tired and I need to unwind.  Now, I'm usually a beer or wine kind of person. Nothing complicated.  But the other day I was talking with a friend, who remarked on the sizable amount of liquor we have in the house.  Not in a critical way, just more of an observation, because, well, frankly, we do have a lot because we just don't drink hard liquor very often. But it got me to thinking, so the next time I went to the store, I got a few mixer-type items (really, just a couple of juices and tonic water, to be honest).

So, here we are back at Friday, and I have liquor on my mind.  Specifically, the Godiva chocolate-raspberry vodka taking up space in the freezer.  So I take it out, along with a couple other things, and come up with this:


I'm not sure if it's an original recipe or not (I didn't follow a recipe, but that doesn't mean it doesn't already exist out there somewhere).  Y'all, for not being much of a "mixologist" (like, not at all), this thing was pretty tasty, if on the sweet side.  I don't know what to call it, so we'll just go with Chocolate-Raspberry Cocktail.  :-)  I had two, they were so yummy!

Marna's Chocolate-Raspberry Cocktail

1 part Godiva Chocolate-Raspberry Vodka
3 parts cran-raspberry juice
1 tsp. Penzey's Raspberry Enlightenment (it's a sauce)
Chocolate sauce (to make fancy designs on the glass)

Put the first 3 ingredients in a cocktail shaker with some ice (I used a handful) and shake to blend.  If your chocolate sauce isn't already in a squeeze bottle, you'll need to put it in one, then squeeze the chocolate sauce around the inside of your glass making a fun pattern (mine looked a little like a flower, but a swirl would be fun, too). Strain your cocktail into the prepared glass.

Serves one (generously...)

No comments:

Post a Comment