Thursday, August 23, 2018

Dole Whip? Dole Whip? Three Dole Whips!




Anyone else have hundreds of pinned recipes on Pinterest that you have yet to make? Hopefully it's not just me. LOL

Stick with me the next several posts, because I'm going to start working my way through my pinned recipes to see if they're worth making again. I organize my pins in two different folders. My "Yum!" folder is recipes I want to try that look good, and "Family Food Favorites" are the ones I've made that I would make again.

I started out with something easy, mostly because I already had the stuff on hand, and I had some leftover pineapple from another thing I made. Plus, the Dole Whip you can buy at Disneyland seems to have cult status, so if there's a home made alternative for you to get your fix, I'm here to help.  The problem is that I never had it when we went to Disney, so I don't have a point of reference for this.

That being said, this version is super simple (3 ingredients) and quick to put together, no need for freezing after you blend it. I have a Vitamix blender, so that made it a lot simpler, but even so, I still had to use the pusher thing to get the ingredients to stay down near the blades. Plus there was some stopping to scrape down the sides. 

 This is what I mean by the "pusher thing":


The recipe is basically dump all the things in the blender and puree together. Pretty simple (as one would expect from a recipe in Real Simple magazine!).

So here are all the ingredients in the blender:



In the process of making it smooth:


Like I said, it took some stopping and scraping and pushing around to get it all smooth...


Final product:




I thought it was pretty easy, and would even stock the ingredients to make again (the only thing I don't regularly have on hand is frozen pineapple anyway). I  like it, because it has real ingredients and no processed ingredients (is coconut milk considered "processed?" IDK). This is ready to serve right out of the blender, but if you have leftovers and put it in the freezer, it gets pretty solid, so you'll have to pull it out to soften to eat. 

Rather than copy and paste the recipe, I'm posting the link to the recipe located on the Real Simple website (it's called 3-ingredient Pineapple Soft-Serve), mainly because of copyright, but also because I'm not a fast typist and this is the easiest route to take. Work smarter, not harder, I always say!

For those of you who have had the real Dole Whip, let me know what you think. Is this an adequate substitute?


No comments:

Post a Comment